Calling for short film entries made by young people in Cornwall for SCREEN ACTIONS 2013!
What is Screen Actions?
Screen Actions is the extraordinarily talent-rich youth bash that has sprung up beside its parent event, Cornwall Film Festival, and is run in partnership with Falmouth University's School of Film and Television. This young person's festival does what all the others try to.... it makes a school trip extremely cool. It's a full day of fun workshops and talks provided by professional filmmakers and animators, Falmouth's School of Film and Television plus input from Cornwall College and Truro College. We'll also have a film screening of shorts selected from our open submission - and that's where we need you! See more info about film submissions below.
Where and when?
This year Screen Actions will take place at the Lighthouse Cinema in Newquay on Thursday 7th November, 9:45am - 3.15pm, as part of the Cornwall Film Festival which starts on Friday 8th and goes on until Sunday 10th November.
Film Submission - we need you!
We are now inviting short film submissions from young people in Cornwall for the opportunity of seeing their creations on the big screen as part of the Screen Actions programme! We want to encourage young people to make films so whether you're experienced or not, whether you've made films with your phone or a camera, don't hesitate to make a film for the festival, submit one, or encourage your friends to do so!
- films have to be made by young people at primary and secondary school, or as part of an FE or A-level course, in Cornwall
- film length: under and up to 15 minutes
- films have to have been made in the last 2 years (from January 2011)
- All films have to be submitted by 5pm, Friday 4th October 2013
- Filmmakers will be informed by 18th October whether their submission was successful
How to submit:
- Submit your films though the Cornwall Film Festival website, click here for more info and access the online application form.
- All films selected will be part of a selection of shorts shown on 7th November 2013 at the Lighthouse Cinema, Newquay, as part of the Screen Actions day
- If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Cornish Culture News Blog will include recent news, articles, notices, guest posts etc about Cornish culture
Follow the BK Cornish Culture News Blog on Twitter @CornishNews
Please send pieces to include here to: email@example.com